Monday, January 02, 2006

Money Saving Tips


Here are some good tips for saving money on your Bed & Breakfast Experiences.


  1. Travel off-season : Go to the beach in the winter or a ski area in the summer. There are still many activities that you can enjoy and there will be no crowds and lower rates.
  2. Take advantage of special rates: Many Bed & Breakfasts offer special rates for midweek stays or multiple nights.
  3. Stay in a neighboring town: If you are going to a tourist attraction, don't stay in that town, look around in a neighboring town and the rates will be much less. It's worth making a short drive to save 10-50% on your Bed & Breakfast.
  4. Plan Ahead: Don't wait till the last minute to make reservations. Most Bed & Breakfasts only have a few rooms and stay fully booked.
  5. Do the opposite: Remember the city B&Bs will be busiest during the week with business travelers and the country B&Bs are busiest on the weekends. So to avoid the crowds, stay in the country during the week and the city on the weekend.
I hope you find these tips useful, please mention this blog to your friends and if you know of a great Bed & Breakfast that you would like to see featured here, leave a comment or send me an email.


2 comments:

The Blogging Boss said...

Mike,

Thanks to Cheeze Weezil, who has Wendy Wings to thank, I got tagged. So I answered the questions and decided to tag you as one of my four select. An honor, I know. :)

Eric

eph2810 said...

Great tips Mike. BTW, I forgot to ask you before I added this blog on My Lighter Side to my blogroll. Hope that is okay. If not, please do let me know...