Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The Angel of the Sea

When I first started this blog it was my intention to write about the beautiful Bed & Breakfasts of North Carolina, since that is where I live. However, there are so many wonderful Bed & Breakfasts all around the world, I have found that I simply cannot limit my blog to only North Carolina.

The Angel of the Sea Bed & Breakfast in Cape May, New Jersey with its ocean-view setting is a charming, award-winning Inn and one of the most recognized Victorian homes in the United States.

This Bed & Breakfast was recommended to me by one of my blog readers, Jillian. She said: "
My husband and I have stayed there several times. It's wonderful! A beautiful, refurbished Victorian mansion with wrap-around decks overlooking the ocean.....high tea at 4:00 every day, wine and cheese at 6; yummy breakfast in the morning. It's been rated one of the top 3 B&Bs in the USA, and I know why!" Click Here to visit Jillian's blog.

Visit The Angel of the Sea Bed & Breakfast website and you will see the beauty of the rooms that await your stay. Be sure to call 4-6 months in advance because this Bed & Breakfast enjoys 100% occupancy most of the year.

If you know of a great Bed & Breakfast please leave a comment or send me an e-mail:
cmmdtp@gmail.com .




6 comments:

Jillian said...

Thank you for featuring my favorite B&B and for the link to my blog!

I'll add a bit more romance to my story. When my husband and I were married in 1988, we honeymooned in Cape May. The Angel of the Sea didn't exist yet -- it was an empty, shabby old house! Shortly after our vacation there, it was purchased and refurbished. Many old houses and buildings in Cape May were torn down before the historical society stepped in. Aside from a few very ugly, modern hotels, the beach town is primarily Victorian homes that have been transformed into B&Bs, as well as old, stately hotels and some modern-yet-very-nice condos.

The Blogging Boss said...

I can attest to the Victorian charm and beauty of the Angel. Jillian, (my wife) and I have been there three or four times. The wine and cheese and tea times in the afternoon, the easy stroll to the beach and dining at the Peter Shields Inn and restaurant next door are some of our favorite things. The owners of the Angel own the Peter Shields Inn as well. It is another stately old house on the beachfront.

One room has a porch, which is part of one of the turret-like corners of the old house. Sitting out on that porch with a glass of wine and listening to the ocean transports me to another place.

Thanks for writing about our favorite B&B and the wonderful little Victorian beach town we love, Cape May N.J.

Eric

eph2810 said...

Oh, this does sound lovely. And if it comes Jill, I know it is...
Thank you for posting this. Mike, I really, truly enjoy your new blog. I love to get-away with my Honey and those are great tips. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,

Nice design! I rarely go anywhere, but this does sound nice. I'll be adding your link to my resource category on my blog.

Wishing you and yours a happy, healthy, safe and blessed New Year!

The Blogging Boss said...

Added your site to my site as well, Mike. Great blog!

Eric

eph2810 said...

Oh no. Now I can't vote for you.